1. Patience because you usually feel better than you are. Like wanting to leave a hospital or going back to work before the doctor lets you, trustthe advice you are given, just do not make it blind trust.
2. Patience with your loved one or friend when they are not behaving as you would want them to
3. Patience with your family if they’ve messed you up, maybe they didn’t mean to or don’t understand. It’s tough feeling like you love someone when they do not behave as if they love you.
4. Patience when you are waiting for the medication to work, antidepressants take 2-3 weeks but it might be 2-3 months before you realize it
5. Patience when you are having therapy. It takes a while to work. But try someone different if your feeling is you don’t have the right therapist
6. Patience when you are on that waiting list to see adult or Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS). But kick up a fuss if you think things have taken a turn for the worse.
7. Patience because exams, school and even living with your parents come to an end. But don’t tolerate bullying or abuse.
8. Patience in the middle of the storm when all hope is lost and there is nothing left but you. Patience. It will blow over.
9. Patience. Because time really is the best healer
If you would like to share your story please send it to us at Personalstory@miricyl.org